I wrote this yesterday, but apparently forgot to post it! Oh well!
1. Was 2009 a good year for you?
In general, I suppose it was. I got married, got multiple promotions, and didn’t lose anyone close to me. The only things that could have made it better would have been buying a house and spending more time in Thorndale.
2. Where were you when 2009 began?
In my living room with Tyler. We ate Chinese food, watched a movie, and then I fell asleep around 9pm, lol. He woke me up in time for the countdown, but then I quickly fell back asleep. I had to work the next day.
3. Where will you be when 2009 ends?
Probably at home with Tyler… I’m hoping that some big things are going to happen this year, so I’ll be welcoming it with open arms! 🙂
4. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My wedding day… for obvious reasons.
5. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolution for 2009?
I don’t think that I officially made any.
6. Do you have a New Year’s Resolution for 2010?
I hope to lose weight and stop swearing so much. I drop the f-bomb far too often.
7. What are your plans for 2010?
Well, I hope to buy a house and hopefully start a family with Tyler. I don’t think that we’ll be welcoming a little one within 2010, but hopefully I’ll be pregnant by this time next year. I’d also like to do some traveling and find a good job in London.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting multiple promotions at work. I moved up really fast this year! 🙂
9. What was your biggest failure?
Lack of prioritization.
10. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hmmm… being closer to my family. I wish that it wasn’t a whole big excursion to go home for the weekend.
11. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My wedding! Getting a major promotion at work.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Tyler’s behaviour always merits celebration. He is honestly the sweetest, smartest, and most amazing man in the whole world. My sister and I also made some amazing improvements this year. We used to fight like cats and dogs, but really bonded over my wedding and her wedding planning. Hopefully we only get closer as the years pass.
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter, but only by a little bit.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
14. What was the best book you read?
I read SO many great books this year! My Sister’s Keeper, The Time Traveler’s Wife, Les Meserables, Wuthering Heights, etc.
15. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23 and went home with my wonderful husband to spend the day with my family. We had a family dinner and I got spoiled! 🙂
16. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Casual. Lots of jeans, t-shirts and cardigans. I added some snazzy earrings more often and continued developing my purse and shoe fetishes.
17. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
There are horrible things and people in this world that you can’t stop no matter how much you want to. It took me a long time to realize that not everyone or everything is “fixable.” Sometimes bad things just happen, but that’s not a reason to shut out the world. No matter how bad you think things are, there is always someone, even if it’s just one person, who cares very deeply about you. **this is more about the girls that I work with than about me, but it definitely applies!**