I’ve noticed that a lot of people have been doing this lately and I LOVE the idea. It seems like a great way to keep track of the things that I want to do.
25 things to do before my 25th birthday…
1. Take a road trip with my family. I know putting my parents, husband, and sisters in a car together sounds like a crazy idea, but it really can be a lot of fun!
2. Go on a trip to Europe.
3. Get a dog. If we didn’t live in an apartment, I’m sure that Tyler and I would already have one.
4. Find a “career” instead of a “job.” Unfortunately, I cannot see myself staying at my current place of employment for the rest of my life for two reasons: (A) It’s simply too far from my family and I don’t want to be here forever; and (B) Work has been ridiculously stressful lately and I honestly wonder how much longer I can hang on there.
5. Start saving money. I’m sure that this will get much easier once Tyler’s done school and we’re a dual-income family again.
6. Find an activity/work-out that holds my interest. I need to find something fun that motivates me to continue. Any suggestions?
7. Have a girly weekend with my sisters. We haven’t had one since we were really young and I just want to have a sleepover/movie/shopping weekend with them.
8. Buy a house. Hopefully in my hometown or somewhere close.
9. Decorate a room completely in my style. I’ve never been able to really do anything other than choose a paint colour.
10. Read as much as possible. I LOVE reading, but unfortunately I’m usually EXHAUSTED after work and don’t have the mental capacity to get into anything too heavy.
11. Go to some place tropical and lie on the beach for days at a time.
12. Learn a coping skill that works really well for my stress levels.
13. Dress up more often.
14. Go back to Montreal and spend an afternoon in the Notre Dame Basilica.
15. Explore more of my country, even if I just drive through some more towns with my husband.
16. Get a professional manicure. I know it sounds stupid and mundane, but I’ve never had one and I’d like to try it.
17. Lose a LOT of weight. Hopefully the discovery of #6 will help me with this goal.
18. Spend more time with my parents. They are two of the most wonderful people in this world and I want them to know how much I appreciate them.
19. Have AT LEAST one kid before I turn 25. Tyler has always wanted to have two kids and I’ve always wanted to have three. I hope that we have three in the long run, but I’ll settle for one before I’m 25. I LOVED having two sisters growing up.
20. Read at least 50 more books. My list has already gone into the thousands and I would love to add another 50 books in the next year and 9 months.
21. Be someone’s maid of honour. I’m currently slotted to fulfill this one for July 31, 2011 at my best friend Leanne’s wedding! 🙂
22. Learn how to shoot really stellar pictures. I’m already a bit of a shutterbug, so hopefully my passion for it will continue over.
23. Grow a garden. I’ve never had my own garden and I only seem to kill house plants.
24. Move back to the area around my hometown. Even if I can’t fulfill #8, I still want to be closer to my family. I don’t care if it means living in an apartment again.
25. Try my hand at writing again. I’d really like to write a book at some point in my life and just starting to really explore this again may help me fulfill it later on in my life.
Anyways, hopefully I’ll be able to write another blog post in one year and nine months and most of these will be fulfilled. My major desires are #’s 3, 4, 8, and 19! Here’s hoping!