There are a quite a few things that I never thought that I would do as a mother. Or things that just surprised the hell out of me.
– I hate hearing parents swear in front of their kids. It just seems so… I don’t know… unneeded, I guess. That being said, I’m pretty sure I’ve dropped the F-bomb in front of Olivia 100 times. I can’t count how many times I’ve said “Holy Shit” when she pees on me or starts pooping while I’m changing her. I know I’ve “Oh F-” several times when she’s just started throwing up ridiculous amounts of milk all over herself and me. I’m really going to have start watching out for this as she gets bigger. The last thing I need is her first word to be the F-bomb.
– Sometimes I tear up just looking at Olivia, especially when she’s sleeping in my arms. Sometimes even when she’s screaming in my face. I just love her to pieces. She’s the cutest little thing I’ve ever seen.
– I HATE getting advice from other people about my child. I know that you have multiple children and they seem to be completely fine, but you don’t know what works for MY child. She doesn’t like to be “rough housed” and I know this. Same thing goes with people telling me how she should be napping. Yes, I’m aware that it is not great that my kid takes naps on me, but when the only other option is her not napping at all, you can bet that I’d rather have her sleep on me.
– I have totally gone to the bathroom with my kid on my lap. Sometimes there are days where she screams the second I set her down and it’s just not worth the crying. So into the bathroom she comes with me.
– I am TERRIFIED of having a second kid. Don’t get me wrong, I want at least one more kid (hopefully two!), but the idea of having to do this again with a toddler running around FREAKS ME OUT. How do people do it?
Are you guilty of any of these things or am I just crazy? Do you have any other “confessions?”
Tune in tomorrow for more Mommy Confessions!